Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, October 2, 2010

post #10

The most concealed, seemingly shallow form of expression is also the most misunderstood.

Makeup is art, for me. If I were to tell anyone this, they'd probably laugh in my face. Or just internally validate my shallowness. I know I'm not, though. I also know I'm not alone in my opinion.

I wouldn't necessarily call my obsession a hobby, but I definitely find it fun. The contouring, the highlighting, the color play; most people don't make it this complicated. And it really isn't for me, most of the time. I only wear eye makeup, after all. For most women, makeup is just a tool for beauty. It is for me as well, but I always express myself with it. I take inspiration from all around me, and transform it into something I could wear on my face. Mixing colors, adding shadows and brightness where need be; it's an art. Learning your face, your features, and finding out what looks best on them.

I probably take it more seriously than I should. I'm not planning on making it a career, so what's the use?

I don't know.

It's not for self-confidence. It's not for the compliments, either. It's just... art.

I hope my makeup isn't the first thing someone notices about me. I'm sure it isn't; I think my eyes speak for themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment