Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

christmas journal #1

It's Christmas day, and I have sold my soul to the presents. I don't know when this happened, or how, but suddenly the possessions received became the most important thing. I went crazy.

There was something I didn't want. Maybe I needed it, but I was just so against getting it. I told my mother this, expressly. And that thing? Was exactly what I got on Christmas morning. And... yeah. I went crazy. On Christmas morning. Who does that? Apparently, I do. I think I'm secretly five years old. Ugh, embarrassing.

I got over myself, though. On Christmas day. Because I sort of killed Christmas morning with my ridiculous mood.

I know it was my fault, my fault that I went item-crazy. But did the surrounding atmosphere influence me at all? You see a huge number of people in malls, buying obligatory gifts for others. Is that what Christmas has become, a obligation? Centered around presents? If that's the case... I'm worried.

0 comments:

Post a Comment