Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, February 11, 2011

post #1

Oh. Well, hello there. It seems as though I haven't written much on this blog in quite some time. Well, if you're interested in my writing (hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha), then you're in luck. I have not one, but two poems to share with you. And I'm putting them in the same post! Normally I'd do something like this out of laziness, but today it's a different reason. I'm posting these two poems in the same post because they go with each other. Thing is, the poems are almost exact opposite. But they're also a lot alike. That's why I'm calling them...

My Yin and Yang Poems. Pshaw, I'm so clever.

Love is a four-letter feeling, and so much more.
How long will it take for you to know?
It's not a hug, a kiss,
it's not even a word-
not a sentence, a paragraph, a story, poem, song.
Love is selflessness.
And I lose myself too much.
Is it that you're stronger,
that you know better than to give your all?
Or maybe it's the other way around.
But I always feel like all of me is not enough for you.
I feel like nothing is enough for you.
Maybe that's why you hate the world so much.
So go on, live your life and find happiness,
if not in me, then in someone else.
Just do what you do,
whatever you do.
But don't do it for me;
do it for you.
I'll try not to get in the way.

Anger is a five-letter word,
It's burning in me; all for you, darling.
It's dangerous, and I'm afraid it will make me blind.
So when you speak, and ignite the flames,
I pray my mouth will be the extinguisher,
and I'll speak the words my heart wants to say,
and ignore the thoughts my brain screams.
I am angry with you.
You make me feel insecure,
inferior,
and everything I run from.
It's as if you live to bring me down,
but that's not it at all.
In making yourself feel good,
you trod on me.
Why are you so convinced that I'm trying to make you feel bad?
I wish you would just stop. Stop everything-
your hurtful words to spark my envy,
your spiteful eyes to spark my guilt.
You will not destroy me.
How sad it is that the ones I love the most are the ones who break me.
What a joke.
And to think I still love you
like I did yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment