Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, April 23, 2011

post #8

I was watching a concert on TV today, because I'm a music freak and that's what I do. But in all seriousness, it made me think and feel more than I ever have in months. No one will ever, and I mean ever, understand what music means to me. I'm not even sure if I fully understand myself. All I know is that music came to me in my time of need. It has failed me, as all earthly things have, but I have no doubts it's the best tangible thing on the planet. 

The combination of instruments, melodies, and words is the closest thing to perfect in this horribly imperfect world. So perfect, that it's mere existence can cause an utter downpour of emotions that I can't even express in words. I wish I could, I wish I could copy and paste my emotions onto a page, so everyone could understand, but I just can't. 

Thing is, the reason why I was feeling so much, was because I was watching the band that started everything for me. They've been a band for nearly 20 years now, and I think it's safe to say that their music has changed the punk genre forever, and is the blatant definition of 21st century punk music. If you even vaguely know about music, you could probably guess who this band is just from those details. So I watched them play live today, and I felt so much nostalgia. This band was my first taste of punk, the first taste of rebellion. It started everything. 

I'm certainly not the biggest fan of this band. I don't know all the words to their songs, and I haven't listened to all their albums. They were always too punk, too grunge, too raw for my tastes. But none of that could lessen what I felt today. Nothing could lessen my gratitude, either.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment