Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 16, 2010

post #4

I think whining is the biggest problem the world has, this day in age.

There once was a teacher who gave a test, like any other teacher. His students complained endlessly, stressed looks painted vividly on their faces. They didn't study. Those students were completely aware that they didn't study. And yet, they continued to make unintentionally hurtful jabs toward this teacher. They probably had no idea. They were too busy stressing, moaning and groaning. Complaining makes you oblivious sometimes.

Honestly? I'm sure the people who weren't complaining are glad they were honest enough with themselves to admit that they didn't study enough, and deserved to do as poorly as they did.

The teacher, unbelievably sensitive and caring as he was, granted the kids an extension, even though they didn't deserve it. I'm sure they feel guilty. But I'd be much worse a person if I sat here, hoping they were feeling at least a little bit guilty. So I'm not. Well, maybe I am a little bit. I'm only human, after all.

This teacher? Easily the kindest man I've ever met in my life, thus far. He didn't deserve to go through what he went through today. Any feelings of incompetence, or regret. He didn't deserve that in the least. He taught me more in that class in the five weeks we've been in school, than in my entire high school career. He didn't deserve the complaining, the whining. I hope he knows that God made him special, and that his students are completely blessed to have him in their lives. I'm completely blessed to have him in my life. I hope my behavior and actions in that class reflect my gratitude for him, because I am just beyond grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment